It’s amazing how much can change in a day. Early this week I left Chicago with my good friend “John-o” for what was to be a couple of weeks of unadulterated photography. I had recently finished my new eBook on street photography so I figured it was time to change gears and capture some landscapes. My intentions were to spend the day in South Dakota’s Badlands and slowly meander my way to the Tetons. Of course, I failed to let my friends in Congress know and on the second day of our trip we were greeted with a “Close for Business Sign.”
But, like any good photographer I followed the light and adjusted my plan. I decided to bypass the National parks and head directly to my cabin in the mountains near Ennis, MT. I figured I could spend the days photographing near the cabin while we waited out all this silliness in Washington.
Day one at the cabin was a success as we found beautiful fall colors that have eluded me for the past three years since I began writing books.
I found colorful foliage near the alpine lakes.
Amazing vistas of the mountains surrounding my cabin.
Then Mother Nature decided to change her mind….and it snowed!
Yep, it’s official. Congress and Mother Nature are in cahoots.
On the bright side, we packed enough food to keep us in cheese sticks and trail mix for the next week. I think providing the beer and coffee hold out then no one will do anything stupid! Until then, the logs are on the fire while we wait Mother Nature out and hopefully tomorrow will bring better light! What about Congress you ask? I think that bulb is burned out.