I’m excited to announce my Lightroom presets specifically designed for the black and white photography lover. My Signature Series is a set of 26 effects that have been designed from scratch, tested, and carefully curated by yours truly. I’ve always been a huge fan of presets as a starting point, and on rare occasions, they’ve even been a “one click solution.” This series includes all my favorite effects that I use on a regular basis.
Below a sample of the “Soft Portrait” preset in action. Place your cursor over the image and slide the divider back and forth for a before and after preview. You can try out more presets and purchase the package on the new presets page.
Here are the Signature Series highlights and disclaimers:
- There are a total of 26 presets and each is labeled with it’s own name. Some perform similar functions, but will have added information in the label distinguishing them from one another. For instance, there are two soft portrait presets; one preset uses an auto exposure and the other does not. I recommend trying both and then comparing your results.
- The presets were designed for Lightroom 4.4 and Lightroom 5.
- These are not one-click solutions and were not designed to solve every image problem. These presets were designed with a particular style or look in mind. More importantly, many of these presets are making a lot of adjustments in the background via the tone curve, graduated filters, exposure, sharpening, etc… So please take your time to get know them and feel free to tweak them to fit your creative goal.
- I like to think of the Signature Series as part of my family. Each preset has it’s own personality, and when coupled with the right image, it can be stunning. However, much like family members, sometimes personalities don’t mix and the image and the preset simply don’t mesh well together. Take time exploring your images and the presets to see which pairing works best for you and your creative goals. My hope is you’ll come to love these presets as much as I do and they too will become an essential part of your processing family.
- Most importantly: If you use one of my presets please tag me on Facebook, Google Plus, or even Twitter. I’ll select someone’s photo in the coming months and post it here on my blog with your permission.
I love this series of presets and built them specifically for my needs, but I’m happy to share them with you. It’s my hope you come to enjoy them as much as I have over the years. I have put together a quick tutorial on installing presets, but please feel free to drop me a note with any other questions.