A few years back I wrote a post with lots of Father’s Day gift ideas for those of you who have photography-loving dads. It’s been a long time, so I thought I would update it for this year’s Father’s Day gift seekers. Everything I’m recommending is something I’ve either owned myself or something my clients use and love, so I feel very comfortable recommending these as great gifts for Father’s Day. I hope you enjoy, and feel free to share your ideas in the comments below.
Photo Accessory Gift Ideas
- Think Tank’s Pee Wee Pixel Pocket Rocket for the organized dad. If he uses the Compact Flash (larger cards), then he’ll want that one, and if he uses the SD (smaller cards) then he’ll want this SD Pixel Pocket. It’s a great way to keep track of all those SD cards.
- A Hoodman Loupe to help view the back of his camera’s LCD.
- A Hoodman LCD Protector will protect the back of the camera from scratches and dirt.
- Eneloop rechargeable battery set. These are a huge improvement to the old school rechargeables and they work great with an external flash that requires AA batteries.
- A lens pen kit is a super handy way to keep lenses and filters clean. While I’m on workshop I always have a lens pen in my pocket. These are wonderful for removing smudges off the lens.
- Think Tank’s newest Urban Approach 15, updated to fit a laptop computer. I was so happy when they came out with a small backpack that also fit a laptop that I had to get one. I love it and highly recommend it!
Creative Father’s Day Gift Ideas
- Create a Blurb book for your dad with some of your fondest memories. Use BATDORFF25 and get 25% off your next order.
- If your Dad loves taking panoramas then print one of his favorites under Whitewall’s acrylic. I have two in my office and the quality is a amazing.
- Formatt Hitech Filter kits are a great gift to take dad’s photography to the next level. The ND Starter kit is a great place to start.
Techie Father’s Day Gift Ideas
- An Eye Fi card will bring your dad into the 21st century and allow him to send his images from his camera straight to his Bluetooth enabled portable device such as his phone or tablet.
- Digital Photographers always need backup devices. Checkout a 2 TB Wireless WD Passport drive and make sure Dad is backing up all those images properly! The newest version of these drives allows you to connect wirelessly… pretty amazing!
- Give dad the gift of efficiency with a list of the Keyboard Shortcuts for Lightroom. It doesn’t cost much, but he will thank you for sure!
- A subscription to Adobe’s Creative Cloud bundle for photographers. Dad will get Lightroom and Photoshop, the top tools on the market for managing and editing digital photographs.
- Wacom Tablets are excellent for editing photos. I use the medium tablet at my desktop and love it. It’s even a decent size to pack in my bag for working with my laptop. It takes a little getting used to, but once you use one then you’ll never look back!
- Is your dad an organizational freak? I own several Think Tank cable management pouches. These things are great for separating batteries, cables, filters, and so on.
Fun Father’s Day Gift Ideas
- A Lens Mug. Every photographer wants to drink coffee out of a camera lens!
- If your Dad loves Star Wars and is constantly traveling then he’ll love this Star Wars charger and think of you every time he uses it! Hint Hint Anna…
- Does your dad have a sweet man cave? He’ll want a Film Canister TP roll for sure!
- A gift card to BorrowLenses.com so dad can check out that new camera or lens he’s had his eye on.
- Who doesn’t need an ultra lightweight jacket that weighs only 3.6oz and will fit right inside a camera bag to have in case the weather picks up while dad is out shooting. I never leave home without my Patagonia Houdini jacket!
The Gift of Learning
- A gift certificate for one-on-one photography instruction with yours truly…I couldn’t make a gift list without including myself! We can work together in the studio for local dads, or online using WebEx to mentor your dad to get his photography to the next level.
- A photography workshop is always a great gift for shutterbug dads. We also happen to offer those too. 🙂