Our Photo Printing Workshop is 3 hours of small group instruction in our Chicago studio where you'll learn to print archival quality images from start to finish. At the end you'll walk away with a 12×18 print of your image mounted to foam core and ready for framing. Whether you have a printer at home and want to learn how to use it, you're considering purchasing a new printer but aren't sure what the process entails, or you just want to make your very own print to take home and frame, then this workshop is for you. We will walk you through the process from start to finish on our Epson inkjet printer using Epson Ultrachrome K3 inks. We provide high-end archival papers from Epson and Canson in a luster finish for your print. High quality materials combined with one-on-one instruction means you'll walk away with a piece of art you're proud of.
Photo Printing Workshop
- Post-processing for Printing. We'll cover dust spot removal, sharpening, color calibration, and fine tuning your color or black and white image for print.
- Paper selection. We'll have a variety of papers for you to see and feel and we'll discuss the benefits of each type of paper. We'll have test prints available on the different paper types. Paper types typically available for you to view are Epson Exhibition Fiber, Canson Baryta or Platine Fiber Rag, and Hahnemuhle Photo Rag 308.
- Lightroom Print Module. We'll go through the process of getting your image into the print module and setting up page templates, print sharpening, color management, using perceptual or relative intent profiles, and selecting and installing the proper paper profile.
- Printers. We'll discuss the different types of photo printers and the benefits of each type.
- Print handling and finishing. We'll discuss how to handle the paper, mounting to foam core, and framing options.
What you'll need:
- A high resolution digital file that you're ready to print. If you're not sure about the file, just ask! That's why we're here.
- Laptop with Lightroom installed.
- Any level photographer is welcome.
What we provide:
- Printer, paper, inks, foam core for mounting, and plastic sleeve for traveling home.
- A workshop companion booklet to take home with everything you learned.
Location and Details
This workshop is located at our studio at 1902 W Foster Ave, Chicago, IL 60640. There is ample free street parking in the area.
Full refund for cancellation 7 days or more before workshop. If cancellation 6 days before workshop or less, or for no-show, no refunds will be provided. We cannot guarantee the outcome of the printed image as the quality will greatly depend on the image provided for printing. If you're unsure of the quality of your image, please upload it in the form below or email us to verify that you can achieve a high quality print.