Photography Mentoring Programs
I’ve spent the last few years mentoring and doing workshops, and what I’ve come to realize is that what I really enjoy is teaching individuals on a one-to-one basis. This model allows me time to get to know the whole person versus just a photographer. This is why I created these mentorship programs — they allow enough time to develop honest, sincere communication which creates the foundation for a healthy creative environment.
Two mentorship programs are available:
- Private lessons at an hourly rate, either in person or via online meeting
- Advanced Mentorship Program, a 12-week intensive mentorship
Photography Mentorship: Hourly Private Lessons
You’re a fit for this program if you:
- Are getting ready for a trip and want to make sure you get great photos.
- Need to take better photos for your job.
- Have a new printer and want to get the process down.
- Want to improve your post-processing in a one-on-one setting where you can work at your pace and get direct feedback on your images.
- Have a work schedule that doesn’t allow for more traditional classes.
- Just want to get help on what you want when you have time.
- You want to create a custom program for yourself
We have a flexible schedule to meet with you when it works for you, and you can get specific and intensive help to advance your photography. You can work with John either in the Batdorff Photography Gallery and Learning Center, via WebEx online conference, or out in the field, depending on your goals.
In-studio or online via WebEx Meeting:
Private $125/hour (no minimum)
Private 10-hour package: $1125
Two people $150/hr (no minimum)
Two people 10-hour package: $1350
Additional people (up to 4) $75/hr
Inquire for rates on more than 4 people
On location, in the City of Chicago:
Private $150/hr (3 hour minimum)
Semi-Private, two people, $180/hr (3 hour minimum)
On location, outside City of Chicago:
Private $150/hr (4 hour minimum, includes travel time)
Semi-Private, two people, $180/hr (4 hour minimum including travel)
We can bill you using our secure, online invoicing system. Contact us using the form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up or for questions.
Advanced Mentorship Program
This photography mentoring program is for those who are looking to advance their craft with a 12-week intensive mentorship that ends with a gallery showing of your work at the The Batdorff Photography Gallery & Learning Center. The program will start with an extensive assessment of your needs and abilities coupled with a comprehensive work-plan tailored to meet your goals. Your goals may range from improving your street, travel, or portrait photography to becoming an expert in post processing. We’ll work together to help you develop your own style, improve your post-processing skills, and create an ongoing self assessment program.
This is an intimate program meant to offer you insight into my techniques while focusing wholeheartedly on making you a stronger and more confident photographer. We will spend our nearly 30 hours together shooting in the field, processing images in studio, and continuing critiques. My studio is your home for three months.
Finally, at the end of our journey we will hand select about ten of your best images to share with your friends and family at your very own gallery show. Our gallery team will set up the space and send out invites. Your work will remain on display for three days for people to stop by during office hours and admire all your hard work.
What the Advanced Mentorship includes:
- A free meet and greet consultation before signing up so that you have a chance to see the space and get to know me to ensure a good fit.
- Approximately 30 hours of one on one time with me working towards your individual goals.
- Up to 10 large prints in temporary frames for your gallery show. You get to keep the prints or sell them.
- A flexible schedule to work with you on your time.
- Email, telephone, and in-person support throughout the 12-week time frame. (You’ll have all my contact info.)
- Ongoing portfolio review and support.
- If you can’t make it to the workspace, we can teleconference for up to 10% of the time if needed.
- Endless supply of coffee and tea at the studio while we’re working (no lattes, I don’t know how to work the steam wand) 🙂
Total Cost: $5500
Previous Batdorff Photography Students receive a 10% discount
To learn more about either program or to make your appointment, use the form below to contact us. References are available… just ask. 🙂